Guided Snowmobile Tours
Explore Idaho’s winter backcountry.
Small groups of 10 snowmobiles or less with single or double riders
Incredible views of the Idaho scenery and wildlife on quiet trails
An awesome winter adventure for families, friends, or groups
Restaurant quality hot lunch & post ride hot spring soak
Great adventure for ages 7+
Located in Idaho's vast Payette National Forest in between Mccall and Boise
What to Wear
Embark on a remarkable winter experience in Idaho’s tranquil backcountry with Snowmobile Idaho.
Guided tours provide exclusive access to the finest trails and freshest snow in the Payette National Forest near Boise and Mccall. Immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring wilderness as our professional and knowledgeable guides lead small groups deep into the woods, promising an unforgettable adventure. Feel the exhilaration of commanding powerful snowmobiles, witness breathtaking sights, and savor a delectable hot lunch. Unwind and rejuvenate with a soothing post-trip soak in a local hot spring, adding the perfect finishing touch to your day. Book now and let the thrills commence on this one-of-a-kind winter escapade amidst Idaho’s serene backcountry.
Trips start and end in Cambridge, ID
9AM: Arrive at Snowmobile Idaho’s basecamp at 85 S Superior St in Cambridge, ID. Get geared up and ready to go: fitted for helmet and jackets, sign risk waivers, and fill up on coffee and teas.
9:30-10AM: Jump in the shuttle and head to the trailhead. After a safety talk, jump onto the trail! Travel on groomed trails that lead to pristine powder fields.
Noon: Stop for a hot delicious lunch with beverages.
2-4PM: Get back to the trailhead and head back to Cambridge.
- Ski-Doo Skandic WT 900
- Snowmobile jackets, full suits, and boots are available if you don’t have the appropriate gear
- Avalanche gear
- Transportation to and from the trailhead from Cambridge, ID
- Hot lunch, snacks, and beverages. Please bring a reusable water bottle
- Soak in Mundo Hot Springs for every rider
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Base Layers
- Warm socks
- Sense of adventure
- Gratuity for guides
WHAT TO WEAR
- Layers! Non-cotton layers provide excellent warmth and protection while allowing you to shed or add layers for varying weather conditions.
- Moisture wicking base layers like wool, polyester, fleece, or blends. Cotton is not recommended: it absorbs water and sucks heat away from the body.
- Long underwear base layer on top and bottom.
- Waterproof and windproof outerwear jacket and pants.
- Full face mask or neck warmer. (Also available for sale at basecamp)
- Thick socks: wool, synthetic or non-cotton. Bringing a second pair is recommended.
- Heavy duty winter boots with thick rubber soles.
- Heavy duty waterproof and windproof mittens or gloves. (Also available for sale at basecamp)
- Backpack to hold extra layers.
- Water bottle
Helmets are included. Snowmobile jackets, full suits, and boots are available to use if needed. Sizes are limited.
Full Day Guided Snowmobile Tour: 1 rider on 1 snowmobile, 18+ to drive
$355 Monday-Thursday | $395 Friday-Sunday
Optional Additional Rider: max 1 additional rider per snowmobile
Youth (7-11): $30 | Junior (12-17): $60 | Adult (18 and up): $90
Snowmobile Driver is responsible for the first $1000 of any damages to the vehicle (including parts, labor, loss of use). All additional damage charges will be waived.
BOOK YOUR TRIP
RATHER TALK TO A HUMAN THAN BOOK ONLINE?
Customers will receive a full refund or digital gift card with 14 days notice of cancellation before scheduled trip. If a customer needs to cancel a reservation within 14 day days before their trip, Snowmobile Idaho will try to re-book your spot to alleviate your responsibility. The portion we can rebook, you will receive a digital gift card for.
Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
OTHER IDAHO SNOWMOBILING TRIPS:
PRIVATE SNOWMOBILING TOUR
Book a tour just for your group.
Your snowmobiles. Your group. Our guide.