FALL CAST N’ BLAST TRIPS
Chukar Hunting and Fishing Trips in Hells Canyon on the Snake River
Travel down the Snake River via raft for 4-6 days
Hunt for chukar
Great fishing–catch smallmouth bass, trout and sturgeon
Incredible views of the Idaho scenery and wildlife
Delicious restaurant-quality meals and comfortable camping on riverside beaches
Great adventure for ages 16+
Located on the Idaho and Oregon border on the Snake River
If you’re looking for a unique hunt away from all the crowds, this trip offers breathtaking landscapes with exciting hunting and fishing.
This hunting and fishing trip takes place in Hells Canyon on the Snake River. Hunt for wild chukar for 4-6 days.
Hunting from a raft offers many advantages especially in Hells Canyon. With hunting trails on both sides of the river, hunters and their dogs can be dropped off on the river bank and hunt freely until they meet the boat downriver. This takes all the work out of back tracking and wasting precious hunting time hiking around. Rafts are also incredibly quiet, which provides a huge advantage scouting where the birds are located and not alerting the birds of your arrival. If you enjoy exciting upland bird hunting, nothing beats Chukar hunting on the Wild and Scenic Snake River in Idaho.
The fishing is also amazing this time of year. The Trout and Bass are big after a summer of feeding, Steelhead and Salmon are running and of course Hells Canyon’s world-famous sturgeon lurk in the bottom of the river.
Our hunting and fishing trips run from middle of September through November and bringing your own dog is encouraged. A valid Oregon/Idaho state hunting license and Upland Game Bird Stamp is required. Trip prices do not include state hunting license, Upland Game Bird Stamp.
If you’ve always wanted to partake in Chukar hunting in Idaho or Oregon, book with America’s Rafting Company now!
FISHING HELLS CANYON
The Snake River offers excellent fishing opportunities for beginners to experts: fish from the boats throughout the day, from the banks during lunch, and in the evenings at camp.
Since Hells Canyon runs on the border between Idaho and Oregon, either an Idaho fishing license and/or Oregon fishing license is needed. Either license will allow you to fish from the boat but if you’d like to fish from the shore at camp, and Oregon fishing license is recommended (camps are usually located on the Oregon side of the Snake River).
Fly fishing recommended gear:
- 5-6 weight fly rod
- 5-6 weight floating line with medium to fast sinking tip. Bass flies: varies
- Try purple, green and white poppers, streamer patterns
- Trout flies: Caddis patterns, midges
Spinning Gear recommended:
- Average sized trout rod with light tackle, or ultralight rod
- 2-4 pound test line
- Lures: Spinners, meps, spoons, jigs
Fishing gear can be provided for you! Let us know you have an interest and a license, and we’ll pack the right gear.
4 Day Cast and Blast Trip
Chartered Trip of 6 Hunters of less
5 Day Cast and Blast Trip
Chartered Trip of 6 Hunters of less
- All rafting gear: PFD’s (life jackets), dry bags to pack in, rafts, etc.
- Camping gear: roomy tents, cushy sleeping pads, freshly laundered sleeping bags, pillows, and fitted sheets
- Shuttle to & from the river from Cambridge, ID (and safe place to park while on the trip)
- Professional knowledgeable guides
- Delicious from scratch meals from breakfast on the first morning to lunch on the last day. We take care or everything: all cooking, cleaning & dishes!
- Sodas, beverages, local selection of craft beers, table wines and nightly specialty cocktails
- Fishing gear: Hells Canyon has especially good fishing that both kids and adults enjoy. Bring your own fishing gear if you’d like or use ours!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Hunting or fishing licenses
- Transportation to and from Cambridge, ID from the airport, Boise, etc
- Hotels the night before and after the trip
- Dinner on the last night
- Gratutiy for guides
- Any personal vehicle shuttling (not required but conveient)
BOOK YOUR TRIP
A 30% deposit will hold your spot on this Hells Canyon Rafting Trip. The remainder of the trip price is due 30 days before your trip.
Snake River Cast and Blasts Trips do not have set dates. If you’re interested in a trip that’s not listed in the calendar below, give us a call to schedule a trip: 208-347-3862.
RATHER TALK TO A HUMAN THAN BOOK ONLINE?
If flying Boise, ID is the best airport to fly into and out of
- The best travel days are full day before and after the trip. Rivers are wild and it’s best to give it some wiggle room
- Cambridge, ID is 1 hour and 45 minutes from the Boise Airport. There are 2 recommended travel options to get to Cambridge: rent a car at the Boise Airport or ask us about the All-Inclusive Packages which include airport transportation, hotels, and meals before and after you trip.
- It’s best to stay in Cambridge, ID the night before the trip.
- After the trip, it’s best to stay in Cambridge for the night or not travel more than a few hours away.
- Driving to a different destination after your rafting trip? It may be easiest to have your car shuttled to the end of the trip. Give us a call if interested in scheduling a shuttle for your vehicle.
OTHER IDAHO WHITEWATER RAFTING TRIPS:
Yoga Rafting Retreat
Hells Canyon | Snake River